PDA

View Full Version : John Evans (FFMFMF)

BlueSavannah
28-12-11, 10:20
Name - "official" name and what they were known as: John Evans

Date and place of birth: Circa 1792-1798; possibly Eversholt or Marston Mortaine.

Names of parents: Unknown

Date and place of baptism: Unknown.
Only likely one found via FreeReg is on the 24th October 1792 at Eversholt, St John the Baptist, son of James & Elizabeth; however, I cant help feel this is a little too early.

Details of each of his or her marriages: 7th June 1824, St John the Baptist, Eversholt, to Elizabeth Taylor (from Familysearch).

Occupation(s): Agricultural Labourer

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!):
1841: Eversholt. Age rounded to 40. Born in County.
1851: Potters End, Eversholt. Aged 55, born Marston (Mortaine?)
1861: New End, Eversholt. Aged 67, born Eversholt

Date, place and cause of death: The only death I can find that is likely to be John is: Mar Q 1871, Woburn, Vol 3b, Page 289 - Aged 74. John's wife Elizabeth is a widow on the 1871 census.

Date and place of burial: Don't know but presumed Eversholt, St John the Baptist

Details of will / administration of their estate: None

Memorial inscription: None. I have visited the church yard for St John the Baptist, Eversholt, and there are no surviving Evans gravestones.

Link to Great x 3 Grandmother Jane Evans: http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10184&highlight=jane+evans