PDA

View Full Version : Further to my Irish death cert

HarrysMum
15-12-11, 18:21
Got the death cert for Deborah Bowler. I was hoping it was my gg grandmother, but not confident now.

The Deborah on the cert was 87 when she died of old age in 'Keelbrean' in 1899. She was a widow. Informant was her son, Patrick.

Now I know very little about my Deb, however the age fitted with the age she was having children. She was in the right county.

But......my Deborah's son, Patrick, was safely in NZ with his wife and family. The Patrick on this cert I found still in Kilbrean in 1901 with his wife.

So...back to the drawing board. At least I've eliminated her and found my Deb and her daughter were not the only two Deborah Bowlers in the world....lol

kiterunner
15-12-11, 18:44
Sorry to have caused you to waste your money on a wrong cert, Libby, but at least you can rule her out now.

Mary from Italy
15-12-11, 18:46
I suppose there's no chance that Patrick travelled back to Ireland during his mother's last illness?

That's happened with a couple of my better-off families.

Uncle John
15-12-11, 19:00
I've been quite surprised by the amount of globe-trotting some of my lot engaged in.

kiterunner
15-12-11, 19:06
But presumably the wife on the 1901 Irish census is a different person from the NZ wife?

HarrysMum
16-12-11, 06:47
Kite...don't feel bad. I'm very glad you found her.

I did think maybe Pat might have gone over from NZ, but hes' with a different wife in 1901. I actually have his family very well sorted in NZ from 1883. Before that is a blur....lol

I just wish I could be certain the photo I have taken in Hobart is actually Deborah. I can't work out how she arrived in Hobart or when. My grandfather was born in NZ in 1885 and he certainly never mentioned meeting her and I'm sure she would have gone to NZ if she went to Tassie.