Names of parents
Aaron HOULT/HOLT Sarah IZARD

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
5/11/1768 Stevenage Herts

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
Sarah HOUGHTON 16/10/1793 Stevenage Herts

Occupation(s) - if any
Ag. Lab.

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 Fore St West Side Stevenage Herts

Date, place and cause of death
14/12/1843 Stevenage Herts Apoplexy

Date and place of burial.
18/10/1843 Stevenage Herts

Details of will / administration of their estate -N/A

Memorial inscription - N/A

You will notice the anomaly with his death & burial dates, something I have only just noticed whilst writing this.

The death details are what's written on the cert. & the burial details are those in the register. However I do remember that at the time (2001) of sending for the cert. I was applying to the local Reg. Office as the GRO was taking 6 weeks but the former insisted they could not find his death so I sent to the GRO.

Do you agree that this looks like a transcription error somewhere between the local RO & GRO & his death date should be 14/10/1843?

This is his son:- http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8344

kiterunner
11-12-11, 13:45
It's hard to know without seeing everything which is more likely to be wrong, the death cert or the burial register.

Oakum Picker
11-12-11, 19:41
It's a long time ago that I looked at the register & although I can be extremely unobservant, I would like to think I would have noticed if an October burial came in the middle of December ones. I'll have to go & check the register again to be sure.

Oakum Picker
18-02-12, 08:17
This is the article I found after realising the coroner had signed Samuel's cert which proves his death date is incorrect. Beth on FTF kindly copied & transcribed it for me.

Hertford Mercury and Reformer
Saturday 21st October 1843
Inquest of Samuel HOLT
STEVENAGE.—On Monday last, an inquest was held at the Old Castle public-house, Stevenage, before T. Sworder, Esq., Coroner, on view of the body of Samuel Holt. It appeared from the evidence that, on the previous Friday, the deceased was missed from his home, and on search being made for him in the neighbourhood, he was found lying on his back in a ditch in "Ninety-nine Common" in a state of insensibility. He was taken home and attended by Mr. Cooper, the surgeon, who found him suffering from apoplexy. He survived only a short time. Mr. Cooper expressed his opinion that the deceased fell into the ditch in a fit. — Verdict—" Died by the Visitation of God."