PDA

View Full Version : What Ancestry subscription to you have?

Fi aka Wheelie Spice
10-10-09, 12:50
I have essentials but I think I should upgrade. I would like your advice please.

Thanks

SueinKent
10-10-09, 13:07
I'm not sure which one I've got but it cost £83 when I renewed in September. It's got everything I need, census, BMD's and the new Baptisim and Banns records, army records etc.

SueinKent
10-10-09, 13:09
I've just had a look and I've got Annual Premium Membership.

Val in Oz
11-10-09, 11:22
I'm thinking of upgrading too Fi when my sub comes up in November, as I need to have the latest LMA information. I don't need the World Sub though. So will go for the one that Sue has - Premium

Tilly Mint
11-10-09, 11:37
I just have the essentials too, Fi, was thinking of the world one but, when people have been kind enough to do a look up for me, they have rarely found anything. I may upgrade when my sub is due though.

borobabs
11-10-09, 11:44
I have Annual world membership got it in daughters name in June when there was special offer on it , havnt used it to full advantage as yet with searches in other countries still learning what is there for them ;;

Chrissie Smiff
11-10-09, 11:45
I've just had a look and the amount quoted for Annual Essentials is £83.40 but for the Annual Premium it's £107.40 and you need that one for the new Baptisim and Banns records. So I'm wondering how you got such a good deal Sue?

Nell
11-10-09, 13:23
I've just had a renewal email from Ancestry for £107.40 too, so I would like to hear from Sue?

I know Ancestry can't renew my sub as I have changed my card since I last renewed. So I will see if they offer me a deal!

Fi aka Wheelie Spice
11-10-09, 13:43
I have now upgraded to Annual Premium. The quote was for £107.40 and I got a refund of approx £50.00 from my previous subscription.

Thanks for your comments

Margaret in Burton
11-10-09, 17:07
I've just had a renewal email from Ancestry for £107.40 too, so I would like to hear from Sue?

I know Ancestry can't renew my sub as I have changed my card since I last renewed. So I will see if they offer me a deal!

Don't be too sure of that Nell

It has happened before that people thought they were safe with an out of date card but Ancestry still managed to take the money.

Have you actually cancelled that card?

GenieDi
11-10-09, 20:15
I had an out of date card a couple of years ago so didn't bother to cancel, they still took the money!

SueinKent
12-10-09, 20:00
I've just had a look and the amount quoted for Annual Essentials is £83.40 but for the Annual Premium it's £107.40 and you need that one for the new Baptisim and Banns records. So I'm wondering how you got such a good deal Sue?

I've just had a look at my bank statement and I paid £83.40 for Premium membership, I've no idea why, it was an automatic renewal.

SueinKent
12-10-09, 20:01

Nell mine was an automatic renewal on an old card, I had a new card issued earlier in the year.

Nell
12-10-09, 21:26
No, my bank did! It was used fraudulently so they issued me with another one.