PDA

View Full Version : Genealogy from Family Bibles

tenterfieldjulie
23-11-11, 10:31
Two people I know recently bought Family Bibles from an antique dealer in Australia who has imported antiques from UK. I had a look at the bibles and they have inserts with with family history. I'm going to copy the information. One is the George family with BDM info from Illogan and Redruth. I would at least like to make the info available. Any suggestions?

kiterunner
23-11-11, 10:42
You could post it on the relevant surname board on ancestry's message boards; they get picked up by Google.

HarrysMum
23-11-11, 18:49
I always look through Quicksales and Ebay for them and see if I recognise any names. I also look for embroidered samplers......they often have names and dates.

Kit
23-11-11, 19:26
Post it on rootsweb on the surname page.

I've also found a one name study website for one of OH's names. Someone had contacted them with the details of the contents of the family history in the front of the bible.

tenterfieldjulie
23-11-11, 21:44
Thank you Kate, Lib and Toni. One mentions the sons who went off to WWI and other info. I know I would be over the moon if they were mine.

Joy Dean
30-11-11, 14:54
And you could offer them to the OPC for Illogan and Redruth.

tenterfieldjulie
01-12-11, 10:00
Thanks Joy I was thinking about them. I've given a copy to CT on the Penwith site.