PDA

View Full Version : When did she die?

Tom Tom
11-11-11, 10:16
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me, and (hopefully) see something blindingly obvious that is glaring me in the face.

I am trying to locate the death of my great great aunt.

These are her details -

Kate Augusta Connelly, born AMJ 1889 in Hackney, London.

married on the 2nd December 1912 to Herbert Willis in West Ham.

They had one son, Frederick Willis 1914-1972 (he had no family)

Family know that Kate died before her son, so pre 1972 but no-one can remember when or where.

There is no talk of a second marriage for her, another sister remarried and that was all well documented and known about.

Really confused by it, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for looking,
Tom

kiterunner
11-11-11, 10:53
I haven't found her yet, but just to say that on her marriage reg she is listed as Augusta K Connelly, so the death could be under Augusta rather than Kate too.

Tom Tom
11-11-11, 11:00
You're right Kate.

Herbert Willis 26 years Bachelor Professional Footballer 341 Church Road, Leyton Isaac Willis Box Maker (retired)
Augusta Kate Connelly 24 years Spinster --- 24 Murchison Road, Leyton Thomas Connelly Tie Maker

Witnesses were Thomas Connelly, Alice Violet Connelly and Albert Luther Pettett or Pettell.
I have the certificate somewhere but not sure where at the moment.

kiterunner
11-11-11, 11:03
The only thing I've found so far is a possible remarriage - Kate A Willis / Frederick A Williams Apr-Jun 1933 Colchester. But if that's her, I still can't find a death.

Tom Tom
11-11-11, 11:34
Right, have been looking through some photos and she is definitely on her sister's wedding photograph in 1946.

Merry
11-11-11, 11:48
Do you know if her husband is on that one? I wondered if he was the 1940 death?

Merry
11-11-11, 11:52
Oh and forgot to ask, which is their son's death? I was wondering if he stayed local (suggesting his parents probably did), but I couldn't find the death for Frederick :o

Tom Tom
11-11-11, 12:08
I don't think I have a photo of Herbert Willis at all - there is one of Kate, her son, her sister and a man who isn't one of her brothers or her brother in laws, so presume it is her husband, but don't know for definite.

Her son is Frederick H Willis died 1972 in Waltham Forest District.

On the wedding photo there are a couple of unidentified men, but they could easily be friends or relatives of the groom. They are not stood with Kate though (although having said that everyone is just huddled together on the register office steps!)

The family did spend a lot of time in Barry in Wales as well, having a second home there (Kate's parents). Then Kate's sister lived there.

Tom Tom
11-11-11, 12:09
Should also add, the son's death is down as David Frederick H Willis in the death index.

He was always known as Freddy or David (although birth registered as Frederick H).

kiterunner
11-11-11, 12:09
Could he be David Frederick H Willis who died Jan-Mar 1972 Waltham Forest, dob 4 May 1914? He's Frederick H on his birth and I can't see a David F H birth.

Edit - cross-posted!

Merry
11-11-11, 13:00
Holiday home in Wales and a possible marriage to a Williams?? (the one Kate found)

Of course if that marriage is her, then she will vanish the moment she crosses the Welsh border!

(thanks for those Frederick death details)

Tom Tom
11-11-11, 13:05
Hmmm, I think I shall write to Kate's niece and ask her again if she can remember what happened to her.

There were four sisters and four brothers (and some half siblings). The four sisters were all really close and stayed in touch whilst the brothers all drifted away.

I am descended from one of the brothers so my Grandad (born 1928) doesn't have much memory of his Aunt, but his cousin, born 1917 will hopefully have remembered something she hasn't in the past.

Merry
11-11-11, 13:17
I hope she thinks of a clue, Tom! *fingers crossed*

I have one like this.......perhaps I should put up a thread?? :)

Tom Tom
11-11-11, 13:20
Why not Merry! Nothing ventured...

Said cousin has just become a great grandmother for the second time, so I shall write to congratulate her on that and then ask about her Aunt.

I really think I would have been told if she had remarried, so am hesitant to order the certificate until I have heard from Vi.

Merry
11-11-11, 13:28
Good idea!

Why not Merry! Nothing ventured...

I've put it on 'Sensitive Research' :o