PDA

View Full Version : 1901, please.

Olde Crone
08-11-11, 20:15
I would be grateful for details of the following couple in 1901 - they may be in Gawsworth, Cheshire.

John William Hammond, bc1860
and his wife
Mary Hannah, who MAY be born c1860, Cheshire - if I've found the right one!

Thankyou in advance.

(There's a sub-mystery here as I have found the marriage of this couple and it looks as if his father is my 3 x GGF, wrong side of the blanket, oh the shame. Again.)

OC

Margaret in Burton
08-11-11, 20:17
Got it OC

I'll email you the image

Merry
08-11-11, 20:22
This is the most likely, perhaps, but there are a lot of JW Hammond's being born around 1860 and lots on the census called John with a wife called Mary......Do you know anothing else?

Martin Lane, Gawsworth, Cheshire

John Hammond head m 40 general labourer b Gawsworth
Mary Hammond wife m 40 b Slattersford, Cheshire
John Frank Hammond son 4 b Gawsworth

Merry
08-11-11, 20:27
I should have typed Saltersford for Mary.

Merry
08-11-11, 20:32
Yep, she is Mary Hannah in 1911. (and he is John Wm)

Olde Crone
08-11-11, 20:35
Oh, don't you just LOVE this game? Just when you think you know every single damn thing about your family, up pops something entirely unexpected!

NOW I know why John Green left a three line Will which left everything to " my neighbour Edna Hammond for her kindness to me". He was the father of her illegitimate child!

Merry

I'm not sure, as you say there are many JW Hammonds and lots of Mary Hannahs. The Mary Hannah I'm chasing was Mary Hannah Lowe, born 1861 in either Rainow or Lyme Handley, depending on which census you believe.

OC

Merry
08-11-11, 20:38
I'm not sure, as you say there are many JW Hammonds and lots of Mary Hannahs.

I meant we can't expect them to have put their middle names on the census and without the middle names there are several to choose from, but as they did put middle names on the 1911 all is well!

Olde Crone
08-11-11, 20:42
Sorry, forgot to say thankyou to you both in my excitement!

Gawsworth really ought to be renamed Crone Town, as I am genetically related to everyone who has ever lived there, i reckon.

OC

Nell
08-11-11, 21:16
*loves the image of OC receiving the freedom of Crone Town*

Olde Crone
08-11-11, 21:22
Nell

As long as I don't receive all the claims for back maintenance of byblows as well.....

OC

Margaret in Burton
08-11-11, 21:32
Nell

As long as I don't receive all the claims for back maintenance of byblows as well.....

OC

Pmsl