PDA

View Full Version : Can I share a small success?

Rishile
23-10-11, 16:58
I am a newbie to this site but just wanted to share my small success with someone (as usual OH isn't particularly interested).

I was typing my Gt Uncle's name into Google the other day and discovered he was the founder member of Torquay United FC. As I'm not a football fan by any stretch of the imagination this in itself wasn't particularly interesting to me but I carried on.

I discovered there was a book about the Football Club that was written by Laura Joint. Not coming from the Devon area I hadn't heard of her but apparently she is on local TV and radio. I googled her and found an email address so contacted her.

I am so excited because she has replied this afternoon saying she has information regarding my Gt Uncle, including photos, and will send them to me tomorrow.

I can't wait!!

I know it's only a small success but it all counts.

Rishile

Margaret in Burton
23-10-11, 16:59
Wonderful news and welcome to this brilliant site.

kiterunner
23-10-11, 17:08
Brilliant news, Rishile, and welcome.

WendyPusey
23-10-11, 17:10
That's great news. Welcome.

Rishile
23-10-11, 17:10
Thank you so much for the welcome. I look forward to being part of this site which does, indeed, seem excellent.

Rishile

Tilly Mint
23-10-11, 17:16
I'd be chuffed too....bet you can't wait to get the stuff now!

Welcome to the site :)

borobabs
23-10-11, 18:31
Oh lucky you ,,,glad you struck bit of gold ,,,and welcome to the site dear you will find they are good bunch on here ;;

tenterfieldjulie
24-10-11, 12:07
Well done Rishile, so pleased that the lady was prepared to help you. Photos too. wow.

Rishile
24-10-11, 12:21
A quick update - she has sent me an email with three photos of my Gt Uncle and a lot of information regarding his link to Torquay FC and contacts for more people that may be able to help.

This must be my lucky day

Thank you all for the welcome

Rishile

Georgette
25-10-11, 10:21
Great result, Rishile and welcome to the site :)