PDA

View Full Version : Liquourpond Street, Middlesex

ElizabethHerts
19-10-11, 21:47
Does anyone know where Liquourpond Street, Middlesex was?

I have looked on an address search for the census but can find it (1851).

kiterunner
19-10-11, 21:56
Googling for it says it was off Grays Inn Road:

Greenwood map of London (http://www.motco.com/map/81003/SeriesSearchPlatesFulla.asp?mode=query&title=Liquorpond%20Street&artist=385&other=350&x=11&y=11)

kiterunner
19-10-11, 22:00
And in "Your Archives" on TNA site, it says it was in Holborn registration district in 1851 HO107/1514, folio numbers 41-51:
TNA Your Archives (http://yourarchives.nationalarchives.gov.uk/index.php?title=Place:Holborn_Registration_Distric t,_1851_Census_Street_Index_L-O)

Just realised you're spelling it with an extra "u"! That might be why it didn't come up when you searched?

ElizabethHerts
19-10-11, 22:01
Thanks, Kate.

I have also seen a reference on the NA website saying "Vine Street".

THere is Vine Street near Aldgate.

This is for OH's Cook branch.
I have the will of Edward Cook who died in 1826. He was an oil man and coachmaker.

"...and I do hereby give devise and bequeath unto my ffriends Bowen Dunn Meredith of No 8 Whitechapel Road in the County of Middlesex aforesaid Grocer and Joseph Lambert of Jewry Street Aldgate in the City of London Coach Builder ..."

Vine Street is right by Jewry Street.

I have found this will and wonder if it might be his father:

PROB 11/1547 Will of William Cook, Coach Maker of Liquorpond Street , Middlesex 478 / 524

One of the possible baptisms I have for Edward Cook is this one:

St Andrew Holborn
Edward s of William and Sarah Cook Mount Pleasant baptised 16 May 1779

Edward was 46 when he died.

ElizabethHerts
19-10-11, 22:03
And in "Your Archives" on TNA site, it says it was in Holborn registration district in 1851 HO107/1514, folio numbers 41-51:
TNA Your Archives (http://yourarchives.nationalarchives.gov.uk/index.php?title=Place:Holborn_Registration_Distric t,_1851_Census_Street_Index_L-O)

Just realised you're spelling it with an extra "u"! That might be why it didn't come up when you searched?

Most probably!:o

ElizabethHerts
19-10-11, 22:07
Near Grays Inn Road is even better!
Right near Holborn and where Edward Cook might have been christened!

Asa
20-10-11, 06:00
Liquorpond Street now forms part of Clerkenwell Road, Clerkenwell - EC1 I think. I have family there from the 1850s-1880s. Nearest churches I are St James Clerkenwell and St John Clerkenwell but my lot used St Andrew Holborn.

If you know the LMA, it's the main road you cross if you walk from Farringdon station via St James Clerkenwell to get there.

ElizabethHerts
20-10-11, 07:28
Liquorpond Street now forms part of Clerkenwell Road, Clerkenwell - EC1 I think. I have family there from the 1850s-1880s. Nearest churches I are St James Clerkenwell and St John Clerkenwell but my lot used St Andrew Holborn.

If you know the LMA, it's the main road you cross if you walk from Farringdon station via St James Clerkenwell to get there.

No wonder I thought it was familiar - I have walked up there many times!

Nell
20-10-11, 16:43
Hi Liquorpond Street is now part of Clerkenwell Road, though when I started researching it took me a while to find that out! It was, and is, a busy thoroughfare.

Even more maddening, the family I had living there have proved NOT to be the lot I thought were ex's ancestors!

jcd
05-05-13, 08:53
Hi,
I am helping a friend to research his Cook family history, and we would appear to be researching the same tree.....Edward was son of William Cook b.1761 (I'm not sure where) and Sarah. I think that William may have married twice because in his will (mentioned by a previous poster) he mentions his 'dear wife Mary Ann'. My friend is descended from Edward's brother William, who took on the coachbuilding business when his father William died. Apart from William, only two other children outlived their father, and they were Maria b.1789 who married Charles Lloyd Gray, and a brother John Cook b.1790. What we are trying to find out is who William b.1761's parents were, and whether the coachbuilding business was started by an earlier ancestor.....do you by any chance have any information you might share?
Thank you
Janet

ElizabethHerts
05-05-13, 09:03
Hi Janet,

I have sent you a pm.
I look forward to exchanging information.