PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have access to Oxfordshire PRs?

samesizedfeet
16-10-11, 13:40
Does anyone have access to resources that might help with teh following, please?

I am looking for a baptism in or around Thame for a James Gill FENTON (Gill being a middle name not a double-barrel).

His family were travelling performers so there's no guarantee that him being born in Thame will equal him being baptised there but I've run out of resources to try that I have access to.

It should be around about 1794 taking his age from the census.

I want to connect him to my direct line of Henry John Gill Fenton born 1808 whose parents are James Gill Fenton (1763) and Caroline Godwin.

I have asked for help previously so most google entries are for me - but I'm hoping that as it's been a while we may have some new members who could help/

Thank you

Zoe

ElizabethHerts
16-10-11, 13:44
Zoe, I think that Thame comes under Oxfordshire. I have an ancestor who was born there and I can't find her baptism.

samesizedfeet
16-10-11, 13:54
I was just coming back to say that having spent 5 minutes on Berkshire FHS and failing

Going to edit title now

Rachel
16-10-11, 14:05
Have you tried contacting the Oxford FHS ?
They were incredibly helpful when I asked for info in December last

http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

samesizedfeet
16-10-11, 14:14
Thanks for the link Rachel. They appear to have a CD of Thame baptisms.

*claps hands gleefully*

ElizabethHerts
16-10-11, 14:18
Thanks for the link Rachel. They appear to have a CD of Thame baptisms.

*claps hands gleefully*

Oh, thanks, Zoe, just what I need too!

samesizedfeet
16-10-11, 14:23
I might buy it Elizabeth...... then I know it's on it's way. Rather than spending hours over the wording of an email so it's polite and factual and then my email provider trashing the helpful response on my behalf.

Linking these two families will be a major achievement for me. I sense in my gut that there has to be a link. My gut has always been very good to me with my research.