PDA

View Full Version : John Roy Gordon

HarrysMum
16-10-11, 09:38
I know very little about this man except he was the father of Paul Gordon (born 1732, Scotland).

Paul Gordon's mother was Marjorie Kennedy so I presume she was John's wife....

EDIT..........SP has the marriage of John Gordon and Marjory Kennedy for Jan 29th 1731 (I thikn it's the old 1730 as there is a zore over the one)

John came from Laggan. Marjory from Pilmean????

EDIT again......Pilmean is Pitmean.

Link to TOGG3

http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8029&highlight=paul+gordon

Merry
17-10-11, 06:17
This is the first time I've seen a 3x or 4x ggpt on this forum who was born earlier than my earliest one!

HarrysMum
17-10-11, 21:02
Well....just goes to show....lol

Actually I doble checked Paul Gordon's dob, but it is correct.

I have all his details taken from a family Bible along with his parents names, but nothing else about them. For some reason, there is no mention of any siblings for Paul, so I'm presuming someone has filled it in long after the events.....I should have asked the Bible owner what date it was printed....lol.

Family Search has nothing on them.....but I just twigged that I should probably revisit SP...lol.

After work....

HarrysMum
24-10-11, 19:14
Now I think John survived the Battle of Culloden. There was a "red headed" John Gordon and a James Gordon.

Also I'm wondering if John Roy (red-headed John) had a brother called Paul.

It's all a bit muddled but I'm getting loads of help from a man who has done the whole history of Cabrach.