PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wiseman

maggie_4_7
07-10-11, 20:28
My mother's mother's mother's father's mother's mother.

Name:
Mary Wiseman

Date and place of birth:
Probably Suffolk about 1785 but could be anywhere!

Names of parents:
Unknown

Date and place of baptism:
Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages:
Marriage to John Parker at All Saints, Lakenheath, Suffolk, England
Witnesses John Simpson and John Payne no idea who they are.
http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Marriages&RecordID=1174827

The only children of this marriage I have found:-

Elizabeth Parker <---- my ancestor
Born 11 October 1806 Lakenheath, Suffolk
Baptised 26 October 1806 at All Saints, Lakenheath, Suffolk
Her thread is here http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7125&highlight=Elizabeth+Parker

Ann Parker born 21 May 1808 - Lakenheath, Suffolk

Charlotte Parker born 12 September 1809 - Lakenheath, Suffolk

Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK):
No idea never found Mary or John on a census yet. Plenty of John Parkers and a few with Mary as wife but there isn't anything conclusive to tell if any of them are my John and Mary Parker

Date, place and cause of death:
Unknown

Date and place of burial:
Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate:
Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any:
Unknown

Oakum Picker
08-10-11, 22:29
There's a burial for a John PARKER aged 26 in 1811 in Lakenheath which may explain only 3 children 1806 - 1809. Then there's a marriage for a Mary PARKER in 1816 in Lakenheath which may be worth following up.

maggie_4_7
09-10-11, 07:18
Thank you.

I think you've found Mary.

I saw that burial yesterday and looked for a second marriage for Mary but I don't know how I missed that marriage.

I will check out census.

maggie_4_7
09-10-11, 09:01
There's a burial for a John PARKER aged 26 in 1811 in Lakenheath which may explain only 3 children 1806 - 1809. Then there's a marriage for a Mary PARKER in 1816 in Lakenheath which may be worth following up.

I think thats her definitely. Found a daughter to that marriage Martha 1816 born Lakenheath but on the marriage for Mary Parker nee Wiseman it says for the groom "Allix Newman Was A Sojourner" so I assume that means he was a drifter and I've lost them again. No more children in Lakenheath (well not any transcribed) so I'll have to trawl Suffolk and Norfolk!