PDA

View Full Version : So My Great x 2 Grandparents Did Actually Marry......

BlueSavannah
30-09-11, 16:56
30 years after they said they did :d

http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5096&highlight=walter+king

I want to say a massive thank you to all who contributed to the above thread in June 2010! After I purchased the marriage cert of Eliza Fielding, I totally forgot to order the marriage that Phoenix found of a Walter King to Elizabeth Fielding that was a possible theory.

Well, after having a very odd dream last week whereby I purchased this cert, I decided I should buy it and it arrived today......It is my great x 2 grandparents :D

The ages are correct, the occupation is correct for Walter, father for Walter is exactly as it should be, and Elizabeth's who I suspected it was; Robert Rowland. The only odd but amusing part of it is that they give different addresses :rolleyes:

So now I can more than likely assume that Eliza Fielding is Elizabeth's daughter to her first husband. I do wonder now when Elizabeth took up with Walter and pretended to be married.

kiterunner
30-09-11, 18:03
That's great, Claire! So glad you finally got the cert and it was the right one!

HarrysMum
01-10-11, 04:27
My mother was born 1928 and my grandies married in 1955. Took me years to track down that marriage....lol