PDA

View Full Version : William Taylor (Wk 9 - FFFMFF)

BlueSavannah
30-09-11, 08:24
Name - "official" name and what they were known as: William Taylor

Date and place of birth: 17th February 1830, Kilnhurst, South Yorkshire. Date of birth was given on his death index card I was sent a copy of.

Names of parents: Joseph Taylor & Elizabeth Batty

Date and place of baptism: 14th March 1830 at St Margaret, Swinton, South Yorkshire

Details of each of his or her marriages: 4th April 1853 at St Peter & Paul (Cathedral), Sheffield, to Elizabeth Hayton.

Occupation(s): Forgeman, Iron Worker, General Labourer.

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!):
1841: Forge Houses, Dewsbury, Yorkshire
1851: 4 Hammer Row, Masborough, Rotherham, Yorkshire.
1861: Carlisle Street, Brightside, Sheffield, Yorkshire
1871: 224 Bright Street, Attercliffe, Sheffield, Yorkshire
1881: 50 Victoria Street, Kilnhurst, Yorkshire
1891: 63 Victoria Street, Kilnhurst, Yorkshire

Date, place and cause of death: 1st July 1892 at Kilnhurst, Yorkshire. I dont have the certificate but a relative who contacted me through Ancestry sent me a copy of a death index card she had for him which reads:
"In Loving Memory of William, the beloved husband of Elizabeth Taylor. Born February 17th 1830, died July 1st 1892 aged 62 years. And was interred at St Thomas, Kilnhurst, July 4th".

Date and place of burial: 4th July 1892, St Thomas, Kilnhurst, Yorkshire.

Details of will / administration of their estate: None.

Memorial inscription: Grave at St Thomas, Kilnurst reads: Elizabeth, the beloved wife of Joseph Taylor who died December 3rd 1870, aged 66. Also of Joseph Taylor, husband of the above who died 9th March 1875 aged 71 years.
Also of William, the beloved husband of Elizabeth Taylor, who died July 1st 1892, aged 62 years "thy will be done"
In Loving Memory of Elizabeth, the beloved wife of William Taylor, who departed this life September 12th 1897, aged 68 years.
Also Harry, the beloved son of Harvey & Sarah Ann Taylor, who departed this life May 11th 1895, aged 3 years and 2 months "gone but not forgotten".
Also the aboved named Sarah Ann Taylor who departed this life September 16th 1909, aged 49 years.
Also of Harvey Taylor who died April 16th 1937, aged 78 years "at rest".

Link to Great x 3 Grandfather: http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7007&highlight=thomas+hayton