PDA

View Full Version : Irish Q

Sue from Southend
21-09-11, 10:45
I've been looking at the new Irish records on Ancestry and I can't find any baptisms in Dublin. My understanding from Genuki and Googling is that Dublin was/is it's own County - is that right and are there really no records from Dublin? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong :rolleyes: (quite likely!)

kiterunner
21-09-11, 10:47
Which database are you searching, Sue?

Sue from Southend
21-09-11, 10:49
The Catholic Baptisms, Kite

kiterunner
21-09-11, 11:11
I can't find anything that says which parishes are included, Sue, and I can't see a "browse" option. There are only 275,298 records on that database at the moment so maybe they've started with a few counties and are going to add more? It might be worth contacting them and asking.

WendyPusey
21-09-11, 12:23
I couldn't find much for Dublin either.

Have you tried here for Baptisms?

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/

Sue from Southend
21-09-11, 16:32
Thanks ladies.

Kate - I hadn't realised how few records were available but it would seem likely that they'll add more at a later date as they've done similar things in the past.

Wendy - Thanks for that link, my man's not there but the surname does crop up in Dublin so it could be possible. He was born in the 1740's so I'm not sure if his record will ever surface anyway.

Ann from Sussex
22-09-11, 16:31
I can't find any of my family in Co.Galway and Co. Offaly either Sue. I don't think the records are very comprehensive yet.

Dublin is in Co.Dublin by the way.