PDA

View Full Version : Next time you moan about no reply

Olde Crone
19-09-11, 18:16
think of me!

I have just replied for the FIFTH time to someone who has seen my tree on TP. She is getting increasingly frantic and so am I because my messages are obviously going straight into her spam folder........

If we ever do connect I have to think how to explain that Sarah Trafford married and became Mrs Lowe, then Mr Lowe died and she married Mr Beard. She then died and Mr Beard married...Sarah Lowe......

OC

Sue at the seaside
19-09-11, 19:10
think of me!

I have just replied for the FIFTH time to someone who has seen my tree on TP. She is getting increasingly frantic and so am I because my messages are obviously going straight into her spam folder........

If we ever do connect I have to think how to explain that Sarah Trafford married and became Mrs Lowe, then Mr Lowe died and she married Mr Beard. She then died and Mr Beard married...Sarah Lowe......

OC

I was only thinking the other day about 2 friends of mine with the same name that would cause confusion, also called Sarah, one with the birth surname, the other married her brother. Everyone would assume you were an idiot that had got it wrong!

marquette
19-09-11, 21:58
I have been updating my ancestry trees. There are lots of other family trees there with the same people - some have 10 or so trees. There were a couple of people that I wanted to check info on, so I sent them a message to the tree owners.

After no replies, I decided to check how long they had been a member, or how long since their trees were updated - I would have to say the vast majority have not logged into ancestry for over 6 months. Perhaps never since uploading their tree !!!

So, now I won't even bother to contact anyone who has not logged on in the six months. My tree is there, with more info than theirs, so when and if they ever start searching, they will find my tree and can ask ME questions.

Di

JBee
19-09-11, 22:02
I get an email saying I have a message on Ancestry, so even if they haven't logged on for 6 months surely they should get the email - unless there's an option not to be contacted??!!

Also got a message yesterday from someone on tribal pages but I wasn't sure which person/tree they were referring to - but there was an email addy which I used to reply and got an answer today.

kiterunner
19-09-11, 22:48
I think when it says "last logged on 6 months ago" on ancestry, it just means the last time they actually had to type in their password, not the last time they were online. I've seen it give a figure like 6 months for people who I know are on there every day.

Kit
20-09-11, 12:26
That makes sense Kite as everyone I've looked at has been over 6 months.

Kit
20-09-11, 12:34
I am going to moan though. I've sent about 8-10 emails to various people, some contacts, some where I would pay them if they replied. Two have replied but one is not a match, the other hasn't replied since.

Why can't the people I really want reply? :(

Mary from Italy
20-09-11, 20:51

Could you leave a message for her in your TP guest book or something?

Asa
20-09-11, 21:13
I never contact anyone these days - it's so much easier:-)

Olde Crone
20-09-11, 21:34
Mary

That's an idea, thankyou, although I doubt if she'll look in there if she isn't looking in her spam folder.

OC

Merry
20-09-11, 21:43
I never contact anyone these days - it's so much easier:-)

:d:d:d:d:d

Tom Tom
21-09-11, 14:42
Do you have a different email address you could try using to send her a message OC?

Or I am sure someone on here could send her a message on your behalf telling her to look in her spam folder?