PDA

View Full Version : Family Search Q

Merry
16-09-11, 08:30
Nothing to add to BK6 from this thread

If I found an baptism entry a while ago on the pilot site, but it's not on the new site should I be concerned?

kiterunner
16-09-11, 12:25
I thought the new site should have everything from the pilot site, yes. Although they may have had to take stuff off if they realised it was too recent. What are the details?

Merry
16-09-11, 12:36
The baptism of this week's ToG4, William Flower:

1st April 1768 at Farmborough, Somerset, father William, no mother recorded.

kiterunner
16-09-11, 12:49
I can't see him. Maybe you should contact FamilySearch and ask them what's happened - there don't seem to be any Farmborough events around that time at all on the new site.

Merry
16-09-11, 13:00
I just looked at Wm's wife on my tree (also b Farmborough) and her baptism source is FreeREG. I just looked and Wm's is on there too. I wonder if I clicked the wrong source button when I was recording his baptism? A bit odd as that would not be easy to do, but maybe I was having a funny five minutes? (don't answer that!)

Merry
16-09-11, 13:03
Oh, I was!! lol

I didn't notice earlier, but I have a place of abode recorded for Wm's father. That can't have come from FS and in fact I have the source as FreeREG (clearly where I got the bap from :o)

Sorry to mess you about! :o:o:o

kiterunner
16-09-11, 13:09
I didn't notice earlier, but I have a place of abode recorded for Wm's father. That can't have come from FS and in fact I have the source as FreeREG (clearly where I got the bap from :o)

Sorry to mess you about! :o:o:o

No worries. I find it really annoying that a lot of the records on the new FamilySearch do have a separate "residence" place but it has not been taken from the residence or abode on the actual record, rather assumed from the place where the baptism or whatever took place.

Merry
16-09-11, 13:12
Oooh, I don't like the sound of that :mad: Thanks.

Olde Crone
19-09-11, 20:41
Please may I have a whinge about the new site? I am looking at baptisms in cheshire, which are always tricky but do they REALLY need to put each event on the site five or six times with virtually identical info, apart from the "residence" which as Kate points out, isn't always actually the residence!

Example - residence Rainow with Saltersford cum Kettleshulme. Er no, actually, just Rainow!

OC