PDA

View Full Version : Mary and Sarah Hook (twins)

Phoenix
15-09-11, 17:16
Mary & Sarah Hook baptised 27 August 1778, Cley. Twin daughters of Henry Hook & Diana formerly Massingham nee Porter. Though I have my doubts about the father - Diana was a scarlet, older woman, they married the same month the girls were baptised and there were no other children.

Sarah married Peter Brown in Edgefield in 1795 and subsequently lived there all her life, dying in 1861, after the census, and buried as aged 87.

Mary married Benjamin Bullock in Holt 14 November 1808. Their first children were baptised in Holt, but they moved to Swanton Novers between 1812 and 1814 and lived there for the rest of their lives.

When Mary was buried, in 1866, her aged was given as 90!

Both women outlived their spouses by over twenty years and neither named any of their children Henry or Diana.

I am descended from both, as the son of one married the daughter of the other!

kiterunner
15-09-11, 17:23
Surely only one of them is your mother's mother's mother's mother's father's mother!

Phoenix
15-09-11, 17:36
Mary is, but it seemed easier to put the two on a single thread when I feel an awful lot must have gone on in their lives that doesn't appear in any records. Henry died when they were 6 as a young man of 28 and their mother did not remarry.