PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ireland deaths

KiwiChris
14-09-11, 06:50
A friend has asked if it is possible to find out if her father is dead or alive. He was born Belfast 1928 and probably remained in Northern Ireland.

Is there a website I could check, or if anyone could help I can PM his full name.

Thanks

kiterunner
14-09-11, 07:02
The N Ireland deaths aren't online, sorry. Info on how to search at GRONI is on this link:

GRONI Family History (http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/information-and-services/leisure-home-and-community/history-heritage-and-museums/archive-for-family-and-local-history.htm)

They do provide a search service - details on the above link - but it costs £6 per five-year period, so if she doesn't have a rough date, it could be very expensive.

But www.192.com does have telephone directory / electoral roll coverage of Northern Ireland, so she could try looking him up on there?

KiwiChris
14-09-11, 07:07
ooer, he is there 2002-2004, is that as up to date as it gets or does it suggest he died around then??

kiterunner
14-09-11, 07:26
They've got more recent e rolls on there, so it suggests that either he died around then or he ticked the "privacy" box. If he died that recently then if you google around you might find an online obituary or death notice.

KiwiChris
14-09-11, 09:06
There may not be much relating to his death as I understand the family have had no contact with him for many years.