PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Meare MMMMFM

geniebug
12-09-11, 11:59
This week, we are focussing on your mother's mother's mother's mother's father's mother.

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Date and place of birth
Names of parents ---------
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any Moorlinch, St Mary on 23 June 1763 Sarah Meare to Robert Westlake.
Occupation(s) - if any ----
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). ----- Robert was born in Puriton, Somerset in 1768, I am assuming Moorlinch, St Mary is in that area?
Date, place and cause of death -----
Date and place of burial. -------
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any

They had one child that I know of - Richard Westlake who was born 4 June 1775 (Richards children were born in Puriton also) .

kiterunner
12-09-11, 12:24
Yes, Moorlinch is just a few miles from Puriton.

kiterunner
12-09-11, 12:28
FreeREG gives the names of the marriage witnesses as George Holbrook and Samuel Sandell.

But I'm confused - how can Robert have got married in 1763 if he was born in 1768?

geniebug
12-09-11, 22:01
I think you corrected me a while ago - saying Robert & Richard were brothers, and I've screwed up the information. So if Robert & Richard were brothers, who are their parents? Would you still have that information from when you sent it to me? I changed computers around then, and may not have updated it.

Originally the first information was given to me about 20 years ago.

Sorry to mess things up yet again Kite :(

kiterunner
12-09-11, 22:33
Ah, I remember now! It's on this thread:
http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=10028

geniebug
13-09-11, 12:14
Thanks Kite - I had altered it on old computer but it wasnt on the new one. I don't think Sarah Meare is valid now, as she is only MMMM - with no FM available.

In other words, I don't have parents for either Robert Westlake born abt 1739 or Sarah Meare b ?

Thanks for fixing up my mistakes Kite :)