PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Humphreys (Week 6: MMMMFM)

BlueSavannah
09-09-11, 08:05
Name - "official" name and what they were known as: Elizabeth Humphreys

Date and place of birth: Approx 1810c, Prees, Shropshire (according to census info)

Names of parents: Thomas Humphreys & ??

Date and place of baptism: Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages:
4th July 1831 to Edward Pope at St Peter's, Wolverhampton

13th October 1847 to William Lister at St Peter & Paul, Cathedral, Sheffield. Elizabeth was a widow aged 36, and she stated her father was Thomas Humphreys, Shoemaker. The witnesses were two resident witnesses to the Sheffield Cathedral.

Occupation(s): None

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!):
1831-32: Wolverhampton
1835: Rotherham
1839: Rawmarsh, Rotherham.
1841: Parkgate, Rawmarsh, Rotherham. Listed as a widow with three children.
1851: Parkgate, Rotherham. Aged 44 and now with husband William. Born Priest (Prees?), Salop.
1861: Rawmarsh, Rotherham. Aged 51, born Prees, Salop.
1871: Aldwark Road, Rawmarsh, Rotherham. Aged 60. Stated born Sedgley, Staffs!

Date, place and cause of death: 24th January 1875 at 18 Aldwark Road, Rawmarsh. Wife of William Lister, Ball Furnaceman. Aged 66. Died of Typhus Fever 4 days.

Date and place of burial: 26th January 1875 at St Mary's, Rawmarsh.

Details of will / administration of their estate: None

Memorial inscription: There is a gravestone still standing as I saw it when I went for a walk round St Mary's a few years ago. I did take a photo but it was lost when my old laptop died and the data couldnt be retrieved off it. The stone, however, was badly faded. Also in the grave were William and their son Mark Lister.

** Edward Pope died in 1836. After two legitimate children, Elizabeth had two illegitimate children; John 1839 & Joseph (my great x 3 grandfather) in 1841.

Link to my great x 3 grandfather Joseph Pope: http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10472&highlight=joseph+pope

Merry
09-09-11, 08:08
Marital status isn't included in the 1841 census! But I guess you have death details for Mr Pope? EDIT - just read further and you have!!!! lol

BlueSavannah
09-09-11, 08:11
Hi Merry,

Yes, i've got a copy of Edward's burial info at St Mary, Rawmarsh from Sheffield Archives.

Also, on the 41 census, for some reason, it does say widow in the occupation box for Elizabeth.

Merry
09-09-11, 08:41
lol! OK - *remembers to keep quiet next time* :D:D :d:d