PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Stewart

maggie_4_7
03-09-11, 10:08
My father's father's father's father's mother's father.

Name:
Alexander Stewart

Date and place of birth:
Possibly 1780 in Scotland possibly around Durisdeer, Dumfries otherwise no idea age based on first child's birth and birth place where they were living when children were born - could be way out Elizabeth may have been his second wife.

Names of parents:
Unknown

Date and place of baptism:
Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages:
Marriage to Elizabeth Russel about 1799-1800 in Scotland possibly Durisdeer, Dumfries-shire, Scotland but haven’t found a marriage in any part of Dumfries between 1780 and 1815 for people of this name date is based on the first baptism of a child found.

Children I have for Alexander and Elizabeth are:-

Elizabeth Stewart born about 1800 in Enterkinfoot, baptised 17th April 1802 in Durisdeer, Dumfries - died 13th April 1879 my ancestor and her thread is here:-

http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10567&highlight=Elizabeth+Stewart

Mary Stewart about 1804, baptised 20th Jun 1806 in Durisdeer, Dumfries-shire, Scotland
Alexander Stewart born about 1806, baptised 24th November 1806 in Durisdeer, Dumfries-shire, Scotland
Ann Stewart born about 1809, baptised 27th January 1809 in Durisdeer, Dumfries-shire, Scotland
William Stewart born about 1811, baptised 3rd June 1811 in Durisdeer, Dumfries-shire, Scotland
John Walker Stewart born about 1815, baptised 17th August in Sanquhar, Dumfries-shire, Scotland

Possibly a Shepherd or Ag Lab no occupation on any of the baptisms - Shepherding and farming were favourite in this area.

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK):
Enterkinfoot, near Durisdeer, Dumfries-shire, Scotland
Newtown, Sanquhar, Dumfries-shire, Scotland

Date, place and cause of death:
Unknown

Date and place of burial:
Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate:
Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any:
Unknown