PDA

View Full Version : Henry Stead gggg grandfather

Lynn the Forest Fan
02-09-11, 12:57
Name - Henry Stead
Date and place of birth - c1786 Yorkshire
Names of parents - N/K
Date and place of baptism - N/K
Details of each of his or her marriages - 23/11/1822 Bishop Wilton Yorkshire Jane Mayson
Occupation(s) - Ag lab
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) -
1841 - Kirby Underdale Yorkshire
Date, place and cause of death - N/K (between 1841 & 1844)
Date and place of burial. N/K
Details of will / administration of their estate - N/K
Memorial inscription - N/K

kiterunner
02-09-11, 22:28
FamilySearch has a burial for Henry Stead 13 May 1842 at Kirby-Under-Dale, York. I can't see a death registration in that quarter, but it's one of those "typed up" indexes, so he may have been missed off when it was typed up.

Lynn the Forest Fan
03-09-11, 06:56
Oh that is brilliant Kate, thanks. I knew he had died because his widow remarried, how annoying that there doesn't appear to be a death. Which Familysearch site is that from? I didn't think they did burials?

kiterunner
03-09-11, 08:02
The new FamilySearch site, Lynn, and yes, it has lots of burials.

Merry
03-09-11, 09:11
Lynn, if his death was registered it would have been in Pocklington district. The registers for that district are at one of the following register offices:

Registers now held by : East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire.

You could try contacting one of the above offices to ask which one has Pocklington District Deaths for 1842 and then apply to whichever office to check their death registrations. Not all registrations reached the GRO and even if this one did, as Kate says, the retyped index may have missed out an entry or two.

Here's contact details for the first one:

01482 393600
[email protected]

Lynn the Forest Fan
03-09-11, 11:38
Thanks Kate, I've found it now :)
Thanks Merry I will have a look at those.