PDA

View Full Version : WW2 Army records received at last

Margaret in Burton
26-08-11, 12:37
We ordered my late father in laws army records at the beginning of August last year. They arrived this morning.

Haven't had chance to have anything but a quick glance today. Must be FIL having a word with the MOD, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:it's OH's birthday today.

maggie_4_7
26-08-11, 12:45
ahhh well done, I can't remember if I said but they couldn't find any for my father with the details I gave.

Margaret in Burton
26-08-11, 12:59
ahhh well done, I can't remember if I said but they couldn't find any for my father with the details I gave.

Yes you did say Maggie. It's a shame.

Kit
27-08-11, 07:07
woohoo Marg. I'm glad they came at last. Tell us when you have looked at them and see if there is anything interesting in them.

Maggie I'm so sorry they couldn't find your fathers records.

Margaret in Burton
27-08-11, 08:44
It won't be until after the weekend Toni.

Kit
29-08-11, 02:13
It's after the weekend Marg. :p

Margaret in Burton
29-08-11, 08:38
It's after the weekend Marg. :p

Bank Holiday here Toni. :p:p

I have a roast dinner for 6 to cook today so no chance.

tenterfieldjulie
29-08-11, 09:38
Hope you and your OH and family have a great time Marg. Send a few wafts of the roast this way!! Roast dinners have such happy memories !! Another lady was telling me how the butcher does small roasts I must venture and see. One gets lazy cooking for yourself. How are you finding your new kitchen?

Kit
29-08-11, 10:06
Give me a bit of roast and you are forgiven. ;)

Margaret in Burton
29-08-11, 10:31
Hope you and your OH and family have a great time Marg. Send a few wafts of the roast this way!! Roast dinners have such happy memories !! Another lady was telling me how the butcher does small roasts I must venture and see. One gets lazy cooking for yourself. How are you finding your new kitchen?

Not happened yet Julie, still waiting for planning permission for the extension.

Margaret in Burton
29-08-11, 10:32
Give me a bit of roast and you are forgiven. ;)

:p:p:p:p:p

tenterfieldjulie
29-08-11, 11:51
Well at least you won't have any surprises with a new oven lol Hope the planning comes through soon.

Nell
29-08-11, 15:51
It's perfectly possible to roast smaller joints or chickens. You can get 2 or 3 meals with the meat (hot or cold) or of course you can roast a larger joint and freeze the rest.

tenterfieldjulie
30-08-11, 09:02
Absolutely Nell, the problem now is that I am not organised anymore for meals. I get immersed in all sorts of things and then think , oh time to eat, having omitted to remember that I need to cook lol I really need to cook lots of meals and freeze things. Having got rid of two freezers, because I wanted an office, I only have my fridge freezer .. which probably needs getting rid of things too .. Oh well one day .