PDA

View Full Version : Gravestone Photographic Resource

ElizabethHerts
22-08-11, 10:34
http://www.forum.gravestonephotos.com/public/about.php

I stumbled across this site. They have a photo of my 2xgreat grandparents' grave in Old Stoke Cemetery, Guildford. You have to request that the image be sent to you.

I haven't investigated much but they seem to have a lot of information.

Langley Vale Sue
22-08-11, 11:31
I've had 2 or 3 images from them. A very useful & helpful site and all they ask is a donation if you can or preferably that you could photograph some gravestones near you for inclusion on the site. The more volunteers, the greater the coverage and I'm hoping to photograph some local gravestones in the Autumn for the site.

Jill
22-08-11, 13:01
They were also able to put me in touch with another person who had requested my 3x great grandparents' gravestone photo - another distant cousin.

Nell
23-08-11, 12:47
I've been very lucky with Norfolk - the site is a bit hit and miss as to coverage but will presumably grow.

It's been very useful to be able to get photos of gravestones that are now illegible or grown over and neglected.

maggie_4_7
23-08-11, 13:05
Ooh thank you ElizabethHerts I haven't had a chance to look at this site but it sounds interesting.

ElizabethHerts
23-08-11, 13:20
I received the image the same day.

I have volunteered to do some photographing of cemeteries and OH is also looking forward to it.

Kit
26-08-11, 11:20
Do you say you want the image for family history? I'm nervous of being vetted.

ElizabethHerts
26-08-11, 11:43
I said that the grave I wanted was the grave of my 2x great grandparents.

He seems a pleasant chap and obviously dedicated to what he is doing.

Kit
26-08-11, 11:45
Thanks Elizabeth. I'll give it a go.

Nell
27-08-11, 14:20
He's a lovely chap, but I was disappointed that although he had a surname which occurs in my tree, there's no connection!

Kit
28-08-11, 10:52
I got my photo quite quickly. I'm just sad there were no other members of the family in the cemetery, or with gravestones anyway.