PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Greentree, Harting, Sussex

tenterfieldjulie
11-08-11, 14:12
Name: Thomas Greentree
Date and place of birth: 1708, Harting, Sussex
Names of parents: Thomas Greentree and Susan Avery (M 1705)
Date and place of baptism: 15 September, 1708 Harting, Sussex
Marriage: 11 November 1731 Harting, Sussex to Mary Wiat (Wiot/Wyat )
Address: Harting, Sussex
Date, place and cause of death: Unknown
Date and place of burial: Unknown
Details of will / administration of their estate: Unknown
Memorial inscription: Unknown
Children born at Harting: Mary 1732, Elizabeth 1736, Ann 1739, John 1742 (My TO3GGG), Thomas 1745
None of the above is proven beyond doubt. Have not looked for death.
Link to son:
http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6870&highlight=Greentree

kiterunner
11-08-11, 15:49
Findmypast has burials for two Thomas Greentrees at Harting in 1734 and 1739, and quite a few other Greentrees at Harting too. Their index doesn't show an age at death for either of the Thomases though.

Eidt - oops, this Thomas would have died well after 1739! Could be his father though?

tenterfieldjulie
12-08-11, 09:25
Thanks Kate. I need to buy some CDs for Harting, Sussex as it seems to be the home of the Greentrees. I met the local vicar last year, there are no Greentress there now and the records are held at Chicester.

Shazz27
20-04-15, 22:52
I know a Greentree at Emsworth
He's visited me in Australia this year. Stated there were quite a few Greentrees in the area. Many of Henry Greentree's & Mary Wyatts descendants are all in The Hawkesbury area of NSW Australia where I reside. Please let me know if I can assist In any way
Regards
Sharon Greentree

tenterfieldjulie
21-04-15, 09:13
Sharon my husband was a descendant William & Mary Callow. I live in Tenterfield, NSW If you would like to send me a private message above, I will share my research. I haven't tried to follow the line of Henry and Jane Pope, but I believe that they must be connected, as Henry and William were convicted together.