PDA

View Full Version : How frustrating!

Nell
01-08-11, 12:46
I'm just looking at some old info.

On the indexed London stuff pre-1812on Ancestry I've found 3 more sons for Samuel Price Denison - and another wife!

1. Samuel Denison bpt 20 Aug 1797, St Mary at Lambeth, mother Maria
2.Henry George Hannibal Denison bpt 23 Dec 1798, St Mary at Lambeth, mother Anna Maria
3. Charles Timothy Denison, bpt 6 June 1808 St James Clerkenwell, mother Margaret

I know that Samuel Price Denison married Margaret Davis in Holborn, but I haven't found a death for Anna Maria and nor her marriage to SPD.

But a while ago I found this:

Anna Maria Denison born 19 Oct 1771, registered 24 Aug 1786, parents Joseph Denison and Elizabeth, daur of William and Elizabeth Butler. I'd discounted this as it was non-conformist and as far as I know the Denisons were all C of E. However I got all excited again and thought maybe Samuel had married his cousin....till I remembered that HIS parents were also called Joseph & Elizabeth.

Grrr!

kiterunner
01-08-11, 12:53
Samuel Price Denison is a bachelor on the marriage to Margaret Davis. I wonder whether there was another man of the same name?

Nell
01-08-11, 16:35
Don't say that KiteRunner!

I don't think so as SPD's son Timothy by his first wife got married and the witnesses at the wedding were SPD's son Joseph by his 2nd marriage and Joseph's wife.

This whole branch of the family is driving me bonkers! I should just file it all away and not look at it.