PDA

View Full Version : William Roy Kilpatrick, (my father's father)

Langley Vale Sue
24-07-11, 07:29
Name - "official" name and what they were known as – William Roy Kilpatrick (Willie)

Date and place of birth – 28 November 1897, supposedly in Killarney, Manitoba, Canada,(on Army records) although no birth registration found.

Names of parents – George Washington & Emma (nee Gumbert) Kilpatrick

Details of each of his or her marriages – to Jessie Ann Key on 1 September 1919 at St Pauls Church, Biggar, Saskatchewan, Canada

Occupation(s) – Teamster, Postal worker

Military service – enrolled 31 March 1916 in 214th Overseas Battalion Canadian Expeditionary Force

Addresses where they lived - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on, if applicable.
1900 USA census – Dresden, Cavalier County, North Dakota, USA
1906 Canadian census – Saskatoon, Sask, Canada
1916 Canadian census – 135 Ave C South, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada (although listed at this address, which was his brother’s home, he was apparently training at Camp Hughes, Manitoba)
1916 – 1918 – France and England with the Canadian Expeditionary Force. He was wounded and spent some time at Woodcote Camp, Epsom, Surrey,England, which was a convalescent hospital & training camp during WW1, (ironically this is about 100 yards from where I live!) before returning to Saskatoon, Sask, Canada.
1919 – on marriage, Avenue C South, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada.
1919 - after marriage until his death, 820 Ave G North, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada

Date, place and cause of death – 26 September 1951, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada. Coronary thrombosis

Date and place of burial – 29 September 1951, Woodlawn Cemetery, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada.

Details of will / administration of their estate - unknown
Memorial inscription – unknown, although I’m sure I have a photo somewhere.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s222/LVSue/Kilpatricks1909-1.jpg
Willie Kilpatrick aged about 12