Sussex Maid
30-06-11, 18:44
There seem to be two trees on Ancestry who have -
Ellen Waterhouse
born 1755 Yorkshire
died 1817
husband Thomas Preston
father Isaac
Could I ask if someone could check them for me please as they appear to have a date of death for her.
Whilst I know - from an obit - that she died in 1817, I haven't been able to locate a burial for her in Halifax.
Thank you

Mary from Italy
30-06-11, 20:07
Ancestry seems to be offline for maintenance at the moment. I'll have a look later.

Sussex Maid
30-06-11, 21:10
Thank you for the offer.
I usually view Ancestry at my library but their version doesn't allow me to view the trees.
regards

Kit
30-06-11, 21:23
The date is 7 July 1755.

Can't see any evidence for where they got the info.

Mary from Italy
30-06-11, 21:39
The date of death is 7th July 1817, aged 62. No source mentioned. They say her daughter Jane Milne née Preston died the same year.

Neither of them say where Ellen or Jane died.

Mary from Italy
30-06-11, 21:45
Her burial isn't in the new West Yorkshire, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1985 database on Ancestry, but I don't think it can be complete yet, because a lot of burials I expected to find aren't there yet.

Sussex Maid
30-06-11, 22:02
Mary and Toni
Thank you both very much for your replies.
Fortunately the date of 7 July is before the obit and the age would fit with her baptism date, just a shame there is no source.
Just last month I made three trips to Halifax and Wakefield trying to track this down but she doesn't appear in the Halifax registers (nor the non-coms, which is where I found her daughter's burial)
Will keep a watch for additions to the Ancestry records and widen my search area.
regards

Janet
01-07-11, 02:51
[...] for future reference, you can access public Ancestry trees at www.mundia.com

Jenoco pointed out in another thread (quoted above) that those ancestry trees that are public are now available on mundia.com. I still have no sub to ancestry, yet I was able just now to pull up and examine three trees with Ellen Waterhouse, using a search requesting Yorkshire 1755 birth, 1817 death, and father Isaac.

The first two of these have her with father Isaac, husband Thomas Preston, and brother Samuel Waterhouse. The third one has father Isaac, but Samuel as her husband rather than her brother.

I use the same user-id and password on mundia as I do on ancestry. They recognize me.