PDA

View Full Version : Death cert Q

Merry
17-06-11, 08:25
Nothing to add to BK6 from this thread

If a woman died in 1987 and she was twice married, widowed the first time and the second marriage dissolved, how much info might I expect on her death cert if the person doing the registration knew all the facts?

kiterunner
17-06-11, 08:40
I've got a death cert from 1997 for a woman who was married twice, first marriage dissolved and I don't know whether the second one was. It's got her name when she died, her maiden name, date and place of birth but no information about either husband.

Merry
17-06-11, 08:52
Thanks Kate.

That's what I thought (no details of ex-spouse :(), except his surname, as she was using this until her death. *sigh*

Uncle John
17-06-11, 09:40
Occasionally on Heir Hunters they've found a death certificate with useful information on it. I suppose it all depends what the informant knows and what the registrar has room for.

HarrysMum
17-06-11, 10:16
You should have told her to die in Aus....you would have got a load of info......maybe all lies, but info all the same.....lol

Kit
17-06-11, 11:08
lol Libby. But very true. Lots of info, except on the one cert you desperately need something helpful.

Merry
17-06-11, 13:01
Of course lots of info might equal wrong info and then you wonder if you have the right cert/ancestors etc. Perhaps blissful ignorance is sometimes best?

Nell
17-06-11, 20:59
Except that we family researchers don't find ignorance to be best or even bliss, do we?!