PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find Taylor family in Liverpool

xkopite
11-06-11, 19:37
I am looking for Edward Lloyd Taylor bn 1826, Liverpool, occupation as a general porter, wife Elizabeth bn 1821 Liverpool, (age 22 in census) daughters Alice bn 1849 Liverpool and Margaret bn 1851.
I have them in the Liverpool 1851 census at 109 Pitt Street, Liverpool but have not found them in the 1861 census.
I may well have missed them or some tragedy has visited the family.
Can anyone with time possibly check for me incase I have missed them.
Many thanks.

Merry
11-06-11, 22:15
I haven't looked at anything, but just wondered - was he Edward Lloyd Taylor at birth/bap as well as marriage? There is no obvious death for that name so perhaps he/they emigrated?

kiterunner
11-06-11, 22:27
I haven't found them yet, but it looks as though they moved to Manchester, because there are several baptisms of children in Manchester with parents Edward and Elizabeth Taylor, so what, well, one of them is Sam Hellewell Taylor (baptised 29 Nov 1855). I'll have a look in Manchester for them now.

kiterunner
11-06-11, 22:29
I haven't looked at anything, but just wondered - was he Edward Lloyd Taylor at birth/bap as well as marriage? There is no obvious death for that name so perhaps he/they emigrated?

He doesn't have the "Lloyd" in his name on Alice's baptism, nor on the other children's if this Manchester one is the right family.

kiterunner
11-06-11, 22:45
No, no luck with that. I can't work out whether that Sam Hellewell Taylor is just a coincidence! (Edward's wife was Elizabeth Hallowell.)

kiterunner
11-06-11, 22:48
Oh, okay, there is an Edward Taylor / Betty Halliwell marriage in Cheshire in 1841 and a Sam Halliwell Taylor born about 1844-5 Cheshire, so it could be that he's the son of that other couple and they just waited a long time to have him christened. Sorry about the red herring!

I think your Edward and Elizabeth may well have emigrated, then.

Merry
11-06-11, 23:05
I've been finding the same things as you but slower! lol I just came back to say about the other Taylor to Halliwell marriage!

There is also a Margaret Taylor b Liverpool aged 10 a niece to Wm and Alice Fell (Full??) in 1861 but she is a red herring (I traced her younger brother forward and found him with an older brother who had different parents back in 1851!)

Olde Crone
12-06-11, 10:12
Erm, I'm seeing something else! I'm seeing Edward Taylor married Betty Halliwell at rochdale St chads in 1841. I can't find the Cheshire marriage you are quoting.

So I have

Edward Taylor m Betty Halliwell 1841 Rochdale St Chad

Edward L Taylor m Eliizabeth Hallowell 1847 Liverpool St Bride w St Saviour.

OC

kiterunner
12-06-11, 10:19
Oh, sorry, Rochdale it is. I know Cheshire was involved somewhere!

xkopite
12-06-11, 12:47
Hi everybody,
If I have the right Edward Taylor ? in the 1841 Liverpool census, living at Pleasant Street, with parents parents William, Mary and sister Clara.
Edward gives the Lloyd middle name on his marriage cert to Elizabeth Hallowell in 1847 at St. Brides.
Alice was also baptized at St. Brides.
If there is any other info I can supply please ask.
Thank you all.

xkopite
13-06-11, 13:43
If they did emigrate, where's the best place to look for them ?
Thanks

kiterunner
13-06-11, 14:05
That's tricky, because the main passenger list database (on findmypast) starts at 1890. And if Edward didn't bother with using his middle name, there are so many Edward Taylors around. Ancestry has lots of American and some Canadian, Australian and New Zealand stuff and FamilySearch has databases from various countries. I did have a look for them the other day but with no luck.

xkopite
13-06-11, 14:21
Thanks KiteRunner, could be a long job or put on the back burner.
Just hate loose ends but thats par for the course with this hobby.

kiterunner
13-06-11, 15:20
If one of their relatives left a will, it might mention where Edward and his family were living.

xkopite
13-06-11, 15:44
I have never had any success at finding a will.