PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Saunders (Week 30 - FFFMM)

Merry
10-06-11, 08:01
Name - "official" name and what they were known as

The wife of John Saunders, fairly possibly first name Ann.

Date and place of birth

Unknown

Names of parents

Unknown

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

To John Saunders, most likely before 1830

Occupation(s) - if any

Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

Unknown

Date, place and cause of death

Unknown

Date and place of burial.

Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any

Unknown

The only part I'm completely certain of comes from the 1854 marriage cert and census records for their daughter, Elizabeth Saunders who said she was born about 1830 in Bristol. She named her father as John Saunders, coal merchant.

There's another thread on here, probably the one for FFFMF, on which some likely records were found by Kite (I think, from memory!) and from that thread I've made the following notes:

This may well be the baptism of Elizabeth:

Elizabeth bap 05 Dec 1830 at St Augustine-the-Less, Bristol, parents John and Ann Saunders. Abode Anchor Lane, father's occupation Servant.

And/or if it isn't, it is still likely her mother was called Ann as there is also this bap in Bristol:

George Augustus bap 23rd Sep 1827 at St Philip & St Jacob, age 1 month, parents John and Ann Saunders. Abode St Philip, father's occupation Coal Merchant.

Sadly, George Augustus doesn't seem to have lived to 1837.

Elizabeth was in a school in 1841 and had a Mary Saunders, same age, with her. Could possibly be a sister, in which case........

Mary bap 8th Feb 1829 at St. Phillip and St. Jacob, parents John and Ann Saunders. Abode St Phillip, father's occupation Brewer.

I can't remember now if I got distracted after that, or whether I actually looked again for John and Ann Saunders on the census etc :o