PDA

View Full Version : Lincs to the Past problem

ElizabethHerts
09-06-11, 08:19
I'm trying to find burials in the Scotton parish registers. I have done really well so far, but there are two which are elusive.

However, when some entries were made the register was turned upside down and some entries can now only be viewed upside down.

http://www.lincstothepast.com/Scotton-Parish-Records---Burials--1811-1812-/779976.record?ImageID=348222&pt=T

There is no rotate facility. I have suggested that they add one.

Does anyone have any hints/tips? I'm getting really frustrated with this.

kiterunner
09-06-11, 08:40
Yes, use the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard (or the Snipping Tool if you have it) and then paste the image into Microsoft Paint, then use Image - Flip / Rotate to get it the right way up. You will probably need to do this bit by bit down / up the page because you'll need to enlarge the image before copying it over.

ElizabethHerts
09-06-11, 08:51
Kate, thanks for the advice. I'm sure it is possible but I don't seem to be getting anywhere at present - when I press PrtScn nothing much seems to happen! I certainly can't paste.:o

kiterunner
09-06-11, 08:54
Are you clicking on "Edit" and then on "Paste", Elizabeth? (in MS Paint, I mean)

ElizabethHerts
09-06-11, 09:03
Good news! I now have the image on Paint. :D

However, I seem to not be able to see it because there are two paint screens, one over the other.

I've never used Paint before so I'm in the dark here.

kiterunner
09-06-11, 09:08
Ooer, sorry, don't know what you mean about the two screens, Elizabeth. Have you got any other program you could put it into, such as Photoshop? Or maybe Irfanview would do it but I've never used that! Have you tried quitting out of Paint and opening it again?

ElizabethHerts
09-06-11, 09:39
Kate, I've had a cup of coffee and come back to it.

Everything is OK now - many thanks!:)