PDA

View Full Version : Photo - Is this the same person?

JayG
04-06-11, 16:42
Is the lady on the back right in the first pic the same lady in the second one?

Can anyone help dating them.

Thanks

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/jgash/ElizabethHaggett1.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/jgash/WomanChild.jpg

Margaret in Burton
04-06-11, 16:44
I would definitely say it's the same woman. The first pic 1920's, middle lady has a short bob.

JayG
04-06-11, 16:55
Thanks Marg. I think it is but it's always good getting others to agree!

Do you think this photo is the same lady? This is a sister of a great great grandmother born in 1871, she married aged 49 in 1920, so if it's her in the first photo she'd be in her 50's.

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/jgash/ElizabethHaggett.jpg

Tom Tom
04-06-11, 17:15
I agree. Same lady, and the one in the third picture is her again.

JayG
04-06-11, 17:58
Thanks Tom. I've always thought is was the same lady so pleased to see other agree.

Would be grateful for ages of the people in the first pic so I can try & identify who they are. I did think the lady on the left could be a sister of the lady on the right, they look similar to me. But i've been in touch with a grand daughter of that sister (born 1866) who didn't recognise her as her grandmother.

Kit
05-06-11, 03:33
Jay there could be 3 generations in that photo, maybe 4. I'm not good at this though.

If you are saying the lady in question is 50 in the first photo then I wouldn't say 4 generations.

Rachel
05-06-11, 07:02
Enlarged for a closer look
Yes looks like 3 generations, very likely 4 and agree that pic 3 looks like the older woman.
Facial proportions look the same ~ similar foreheads and jawlines too

Is that a Marcel Wave ? (middle woman) ?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/rachelscand/ZElizabethHaggett1.jpg

Merry
05-06-11, 09:37
Do you think this photo is the same lady? This is a sister of a great great grandmother born in 1871, she married aged 49 in 1920, so if it's her in the first photo she'd be in her 50's.

I have read the above a thousand times, but still don't know what it means!

I agree with everyone else who says the lady on the right in the first photo (taken in the mid to late 1920s?) and the second photo are the same woman, but am not understanding after that.

I think the first photo looks like four gens, but would put their ages as about 10, late-20s, mid-50s and mid-70s. But don't know how that fits with the comment I quoted above???????????

JayG
05-06-11, 11:54
Grrrr i've just typed a huge reply & lost it :(

JayG
05-06-11, 12:13
Thanks all.

Rachel after googling marcel wave to find it what it is, yes I she she has her hair like that.

Sorry Merry, i've been researching these people for years but no one else has so I know what i'm but realise others dont lol

The lady on the steps reading the newspaper (3rd photo) is Elizabeth born 1871, she was a sister of my 2x great grandmother.

Elizabeth married in 1920 aged 49, she didn't have any children.

There was another sister Mary born 1866, she had two daughter Martha born 1894 & Eliza born 1901.

I'd always thought the first photo looked like a family shot, mother, daughter, granddaughter etc. As Elizabeth didn't have family it can't be her & her family so I thought maybe it was two sisters & the sister's family.

I've just checked the females in Mary's family & they seem to fit with the photo, tho when I made contact with one of Mary's granddaughters (born 1937) 2 years ago she didn't recognise them as her grandmother, aunt, cousin etc.

Mary born 1866
Martha born 1894, had daughters 1920 & 1933
Eliza born 1901, no children, married 1947

I still wonder whether the lady I contacted is wrong & also as Elizabeth was 5 years younger than her sister if she is the dark haired lady on the left in the first photo & not the grey haired lady on the right??

Tom Tom
06-06-11, 15:32
Just because she is not their Mother / Grandmother doesn't mean it still can't be a four generation photo.

She might have lived with them or close to them. I have lots of relatives going back a long time who didn't marry and especially the spinsters were always close to their nieces.