PDA

View Full Version : In need of a microscope...

Rachel A
29-05-11, 14:14
Unless someone can obtain a 1911 census image for me, which I have already obtained (some months back) but for some reason is so small it's hard to read the details on. When I enlarge it blurs the image.

Elizabeth Eldridge
born c1844 Willingdon, Sussex
Living at 13 Commercial Road, Eastbourne.

Many thanks,

Rachel :)

ElizabethHerts
29-05-11, 14:34
Elizabeth Eldridge Head 67 Widow married 32 years 8 children 5 still living 3 who have died (these details crossed through) Letting rooms Willingdon Sussex
Mabel Eldridge Daughter 34 Single Helping at home Hollington Sussex
Emma May Widow 76 Private Means Buxted Sussex (details of marriage and children also there if you are interested)
Christina Swaap Single 41 Needlewoman Darlington Yorkshire
Edith Mary Hodges Visitor 45 Married Nurse Attendant Woolwich Kent

Rachel A
29-05-11, 14:48
Thanks Elizabeth :)

I could read some of it, but not all. Particularly interested in number of children born, as I'm suspecting that she had a baby before she was married, who was brought up by her parents...

kiterunner
29-05-11, 15:35
She didn't need to fill in the "number of children" section at all as she was a widow, but even if she had still been married, she would only have to count children born during the marriage, not any born before.

Rachel A
29-05-11, 20:42
Helpfully she did complete it :) I've seen other widows complete it and then cross it out. It's looking more likely that this child is her sister's now anyway, although I'd have to get the birth certificate to clarify my suspicions. The child's two Christian names are the name and surname of a neighbouring 20 year old - which gives a good clue to the identity of the father! :d