PDA

View Full Version : Can sks check a couple of Ancestry Public trees for me please?

Lynn the Forest Fan
23-05-11, 21:45
When I entered my ggg grandmother Ann Young nee Osborne onto this thread http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9930, I noticed that she was missing in 1881 although I had found her burial in 1886. Despite looking I have been unable to find her. I checked that she wasn't staying with any of her children & had been mistranscribed, but still no sign of her. I realised that one of her daughters, Mary Ann was missing after 1861 & I have been trying to find her, again with no success. I searched for Mary Ann on the Public trees & found 3 with her on, parents Joseph Young & Ann Osborne (one had Ann as Ann Young) & when I searched using Ann's name I found that 2 of them had her listed, with parents.
Could sks check the trees to see if there is any evidence of where they found her parents names or any further details of Mary Ann?
Joseph Young c1803 Barton upon Humber Lincolnshire
Ann Osborne c1812 Barton upon Humber Lincolnshire
Mary Ann Young 28/4/1844 Barton upon Humber Lincolnshire (last seen in Hull in 1861)

Many thanks :)

Joy Dean
23-05-11, 22:53
One gives Joseph's parents as Robert Young and Bridget Westoby who married 25 October 1796 Barton On Humber, Lincolnshire.

Lynn the Forest Fan
24-05-11, 06:06
Thanks Joy, I already have Joseph's details, it is Ann I am interested in. :)
I kept searching on the trees using the names of the people listed as Ann's parents, Robert Osborne & Mary Temple & found trees that had Robert listed with parents John Osborne & Mary Broddell, there were then trees with John's parents listed, but using 2 different names & Mary's parents as William Brodel & Mary Hubank.
I found the marriage of Robert & Mary on Familysearch & they had 13 children, including an Ann bp 1811 in Old Clee Lincolnshire. However this isn't near Barton & I am puzzled as to how the tree owners decided this was the same Ann Osborne.

Merry
24-05-11, 06:22
I saw three trees with her on, but only one that mentions the 1881 census. They have her as this one:

Edward FARROW Head W Male 76 Agricultural Labourer b Thornton, Lincoln
John FARROW Son U Male 49 Agricultural Labourer b Keelby, Lincoln
Charles FARROW Son U Male 30 Agricultural Labourer b Laceby, Lincoln
Ann YOUNG Other W Female 65 House Keeper b Clee, Lincoln

South End, South Ferriby, Lincoln

Lynn the Forest Fan
24-05-11, 06:35
OOh thanks Merry, that is interesting. South Ferriby is not far from Barton & it ties in her birth place as being Clee not Barton. Perhaps her husband always listed her as being born in Barton, but after his death she said she was from Clee!

Merry
24-05-11, 08:07
I had a look on the prev two censuses to see if there was another Ann Young recorded as b Cley, but there wasn't.

Lynn the Forest Fan
24-05-11, 08:42
Thanks Merry. I had a look at my records & infuriatingly, my copies of the 1851 & 1861 census for the Young family, have the birth place cut off. BUT in 1871 it said Cleethorpes, which is where Old Clee is. (It gave the county for Cleethorpes & Barton as being Gloucestershire though :d) It certainly looks like she is the same one :) I am finding it so infuriating not being able to view everything on Ancestry & just wish I could afford another sub :(

Lynn the Forest Fan
25-05-11, 06:07
I've got a free trial with FMP & have now seen the record for 1871 (previously only had an Ancestry transcription) & it does indeed say Clee! So many thanks Merry, I now have loads more family to add to my tree. :)

Katarzyna
25-05-11, 14:52
If you need this baptism checking out I visit Grimsby RO from time to time.

Lynn the Forest Fan
25-05-11, 19:08
Oh that would be lovely! Thanks :)

Jenoco
26-05-11, 03:31
Looks like you don't need it now but, for future reference, you can access public Ancestry trees at www.mundia.com

Janet
26-05-11, 04:40
Looks like you don't need it now but, for future reference, you can access public Ancestry trees at www.mundia.com

Jenny, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you Lynn for starting this thread! Thanks to you I've just broken into a tree by one of my English cousins. All to be verified, of course, but the most exciting part is that he's posted a lot of photos and certificates!!! This might even put me back in touch with that branch of the family. There went my night's sleep. :D

Lynn the Forest Fan
26-05-11, 06:13
Jenny, it is certainly not too late for that info, I still have loads of questions about the trees! Thank you very much :)
Well done Janet, it is always good to make a breakthrough & I am happy this thread has helped you :)

tenterfieldjulie
26-05-11, 11:06
Well done Janet .... it's amazing how little sleep you need when you find gold .... you'll probably sleep for a week when the adrenaline stops pumping ... in the meantime have fun...

Janet
26-05-11, 18:37
Thanks again, Lynn!

pmsl Julie! :d:d:d and do I detect that you speak from experience? :D

Went to the dentist this morning, they ground down an old broken tooth to a stub of its former self, took impressions, created a temporary crown, glued it into my head, and I didn't feel a thing. My mind wasn't even there, it was somewhere in the West Riding. :)

Lynn the Forest Fan
26-05-11, 19:12
I've not found anything as exciting as you Janet, but have so much info to work with & it hasn't even cost me anything! :)

Jenoco
27-05-11, 03:36
Glad you both found something useful and Julie, you're right - when you have something to mull over sleep goes out the window - my 2x great grandfather used to keep me awake :) :) but I have lots of info on him now.

Janet
27-05-11, 04:03
You're right, Jenny. Julie called it exactly. I can't stop! But I think that Morpheus is going to win the next round. Sometimes the best revelations come out of the stuff of dreams, though. Anyway I'm finally off to sleep! More fun tomorrow.

Katarzyna
01-06-11, 14:33
Thanks Joy, I already have Joseph's details, it is Ann I am interested in. :)
I kept searching on the trees using the names of the people listed as Ann's parents, Robert Osborne & Mary Temple & found trees that had Robert listed with parents John Osborne & Mary Broddell, there were then trees with John's parents listed, but using 2 different names & Mary's parents as William Brodel & Mary Hubank.
I found the marriage of Robert & Mary on Familysearch & they had 13 children, including an Ann bp 1811 in Old Clee Lincolnshire. However this isn't near Barton & I am puzzled as to how the tree owners decided this was the same Ann Osborne.

Family Search bears out my findings today at the record office:

12 May 1811 Ann dau of Robert Osborn (no e) and Mary his wife

Robert Osborne (with e) BOTP and Mary Temple SOTP married 3rd January 1799. witnesses Robert Temple and Joseph G??????????

Had a look thro' and found another 13 siblings for Ann.

John 12/8/1799
Robert 3/1/1802
Samuel 6/2/1803
Joseph 8/1/1804
William 30/12/1804
Israel 6/4/1806
Azariah 26/4/1807
Levi 29/5/1808
Naomi 19/11/1809
Jane 1/5/1813
Edward 25/5/1815
William 16/5/1817
Albert 11/4/1820

Looks like 1st William may have died.
Albert could possibly be son of Robert b 1802.
I can check these for you another time if you want them.
Other Osbornes having children around same time as Robert and Mary are:

Absolemn and Mary, James and Jane, Edward and Elizabeth, John and Maria and Samuel and Mary.
These could be Robert's brothers or in the case of John and Samuel - his sons.
Again if you want me to check them out I will when I have a bit more time.

Lynn the Forest Fan
02-06-11, 06:05
Wow thanks Kat :) It is interesting that you list Edward & the 2nd William which Familysearch doesn't but they list a Mary! I would doubt that Albert was the son of Robert c1802, because from what I found on the census, he was unmarried.
I don't have any James or Edward down as being Robert's brothers but there is a John & Absalom who could be half brothers.

I am going away for a couple of days but if you are sure you don't mind, there are a couple of things that you could check for me please :), which I can tell you about when I get back. Thanks again. :)

Katarzyna
02-06-11, 09:55
I might have missed Mary - some are not easy to see. Will look next time when you have others you need.