PDA

View Full Version : RC Baptisms Query.

Lal
28-09-09, 13:20
I had an elderly Uncle - no blood relation but part of my childhood and I always understood he had no family but us.

I am now in touch with his great nephew and it turns out he was one of 6 children and we are trying to find two 'missing' children (per 1911 census). We also have 1901 census but they are nowhere on 1891! We have both looked and X has even trawled all through Limehouse in case they were badly mistranscribed - nothing.

They were a Roman Catholic family and as such am I right in assuming the baptisms will not be online?

I have located the possible church in Limehouse - would a direct approach to the Church be acceptable or is there another way to check these.

Thank you

Merry
28-09-09, 13:22
They were a Roman Catholic family and as such am I right in assuming the baptisms will not be online?

Your right about the baptisms :(.

Would you like to give us the details so we can see if either of the missing children can be found?

Lal
28-09-09, 13:30
Hi Merry

Thank you for that!

We don't know their names that is the problem!:confused: Just that there were two other children per 1911.

X has been sending for BCs with reference points for any likely candidates but with no success! They didn't seem keen on registering births so Baptisms seemed the best bet!

For another family of mine finding the baptism of another child I did not know about has allowed me to confirm that two boys, Robert & Albert must actually be the same boy, just as I suspected they were.

We will keep chipping at it!

Thanks

Merry
28-09-09, 13:33
We don't know their names that is the problem!:confused: Just that there were two other children per 1911.

They may still be found without their names! (unless it's Smith!!)

Merry
28-09-09, 13:34
Do you know the missing children lived? (presume they didn't?)

Do you know they were definitely born by 1911?

When did the parents marry?

Lal
28-09-09, 13:49
Hi Merry

... and the best bit is they and the two eldest children were Irish!!!:eek:

I am at work at the moment so have no files here, but I really appreciate your offer to help!

I may just contact the Church to see if they would be receptive to an enquiry - it is worth a try!

Merry
28-09-09, 13:51
Sounds great! lol

Uncle John
02-10-09, 19:55
I have found many of my RC baptisms (roughly 1820 to 1870) in the IGI. But that's just one RC church whose records happen to have been transcribed.