PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone live in/near east Manchester?

Merry
20-05-11, 10:59
Nothing to add to BK6 from this thread

Desperate request for help :o

I'm wondering if anyone ever goes anywhere near Gorton Cemetery in Manchester? (a mile from junction 24 of the M60)

I have a reference for a grave that my friend's family have been searching for since the 1970s. I've just got off the phone from the cemetery office who have confirmed there is a memorial stone on the grave and my friend would like a photo of it. Sadly she lives here in Dorset and no longer drives and her family who live in North Wales are too infirm to get to Manchester, so I said I would try and find someone to help........:D

garstonite
21-05-11, 17:54
Desperate request for help :o

I'm wondering if anyone ever goes anywhere near Gorton Cemetery in Manchester? (a mile from junction 24 of the M60)

I have a reference for a grave that my friend's family have been searching for since the 1970s. I've just got off the phone from the cemetery office who have confirmed there is a memorial stone on the grave and my friend would like a photo of it. Sadly she lives here in Dorset and no longer drives and her family who live in North Wales are too infirm to get to Manchester, so I said I would try and find someone to help........:D

Long time in the future Merry , but I am going to a wedding in Gorton in September...it`s about 40 miles from me..in the meantime, if I am passing that way, I will let you know.....allan:)

Lara
21-05-11, 19:25
Hi Merry

I live about a 30min drive from the M60 jct24. Never been to Gorton Cemetery but sure I could find it. Our car is off the road the moment. Might be July when I can go. I will let you know too :)

Hopeful
21-05-11, 20:58
Hi Merry

I could go but it will have to be in a couple of weeks as I go on holiday on Friday. Give me a reminder if nobody else has gone

Merry
21-05-11, 22:08
Good heavens! Three at once!! Thank you all very much indeed for your kind offers of help.

This morning I did some more googling and found someone who had made an offer to photograph a grave at Gorton for someone on a forum in 2009. I was able to email this lady and to cut a long story short she is going t go to the cemetery some time this week and see if she can find this grave :)

However, if there turns out to be a problem I will be straight back here, so watch out!! lol

Thanks again very much :)