PDA

View Full Version : Burial record - what does this mean?

Langley Vale Sue
19-05-11, 08:45
I have downloaded a copy of my GG grandmother, Elizabeth Carsons, burial record from Deceased Online. She was buried on 21 January 1916 in St Pancras Cemetery.
It tells me that she shares the grave with a Susan Ann Weston (buried 7 May 1926). I haven't had a chance to check whether she is a relative or not yet.

Also on the burial register entry it states above the grave number "Joseph Edward Carsons 10 feet". Joseph Carsons was my GG grandfather, but this is the first time I have come across a middle name for him. He died in Chertsey/Weybridge in 1894. I need to get his certificate to find out exactly where he died as they lived in Marylebone most of their married life, so why would he be in Chertsey? This is probably a question for another day, so back to my original query.

Does this mean that Joseph was buried in the same plot as Elizabeth 10 feet down? I cannot find him listed on Deceased Online, but maybe the burial records for that year are not transcribed yet.

Update:
Joseph Edward was one of Elizabeth's sons. He died in 1949 in Uxbridge reg dist.
Even more confused by the burial register entry now :confused:

Phoenix
19-05-11, 10:09
If the info is above the grave, perhaps he bought one to accomodate Mum & other family members?

Langley Vale Sue
19-05-11, 10:15
I suppose that's possible Phoenix. Thank you.

I'm just delving into Joseph Edward (so to speak!!) and have found a second marriage and 4 more children for him so lots more to investigate. Haven't found Susan Ann Weston yet though.