Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 09-02-12, 19:09

Welcome dillington.

I'm sure bidston will be very happy to see this.
Old 18-02-12, 07:42

oh my god, just saw this by accident, wow, so much information, got me fired up again, thank you dillington, where are you out of interest
Old 18-02-12, 08:11

hi dillington, i presume you have your henrietta at 28 bright street,everton in 1851 age 9 and 18 deacon street, everton in 1861 age 18 - unemployed and 32 holton street, west derby in 1871

age 27 - a shop assistant
Old 18-02-12, 08:38

hi all,have found a william saul christening 7th july 1789 at st nicholas church, liverpool, could this be my william?

have also found a christening for mary birchall at prescot ( now part of liverpool ) for 1756, can anyone find any more details please
Old 18-02-12, 08:49

hi again, does anyone know if the isle of man records are completed yet, i know there was a problem 2 years ago, am looking for jane crane born 1785 who married william saul in 1811, i have her in 1861 aged 80 and born douglas, isle of man, her parents though were married in liverpool in 1783 but i suppose mum could have gone to the isle of man for the birth

her father was henry crane, a mariner who i presume is the isle of man connection, funny enough i worked as a nurse on the isle of man once and was amazed that nearly all surnames began with the letter C, in the clinic i worked at we had three annie corletts, one a nurse on days, one a nurse on nights and the other a patient, blooming confusing i tell you
Old 18-02-12, 08:59
Administrator

How do you know Jane Crane's parents were the ones who married in Liverpool if you don't have her baptism? As she is 70 in 1851 and 80 in 1861 wouldn't she be likely to have been born earlier than 1785 (and before the 1783 marriage)?

I have loads of Cranes in my tree (a few hundred) and dozens of Birchalls (various spellings), but none from the Isle of Man!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 18-02-12, 09:08
Administrator

This looks a possible:

Name: Jane Craine
Baptism/Christening Date: 23 Apr 1782
Baptism/Christening Place: SAINT GEORGE,DOUGLAS,ISLE OF MAN,ENGLAND
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Thos Craine
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Jane Cudd
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C03821-1
System Origin: England-ODM
Source Film Number: 106717
Reference Number:

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 18-02-12, 09:17
Administrator

Here is a potential (submitted though) entry for the parents of the above Jane Crane:

THOMAS CRAINE Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: JANE CUD Family
Marriage: 31 DEC 1776 Braddan, Isle Of Man, England
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying these are definitely the right people, just offering an alternative to the Liverpool ones!

Old 18-02-12, 09:18

hi merry, the post from dillington had the parents of jane crane as henry crane and mary birchall, i think almost all of my family had children before they were married, oops

even the reason i came onto geneology in the first place, was to try and find the easiest of searches, i.e. who was my grandfather, after two years nothing apart from the fact that my father and his brother were born 1910 and 1912 and my grandparents didn't marry until 1915 in finsbury park, islington of all places, must have snuck away so the neighbours didn't find out

so i am afraid it runs in the family
Old 18-02-12, 09:22
Administrator

Maybe you should send dillington a personal message asking him about the Liverpool connection, as he may have his settings to trigger an email if he gets a pm on this site.

I wouldn't be happy with the Liverpool marriage without a matching baptism on the IoM or some other proof (for instance, a will) showing a connection.