View Single Post
Old 15-01-11, 11:37
Administrator

Quote:
Merry, do you think the lock of hair could have faded over the years (after death)?
I don't know really. It has been in the dark all the time. I also have the hair of her daughter and son-in-law. One of them appears to be absolutely white and the other black. I am not 100% certain which is which (they are together in an envelope marked 'Mama and Papa' written by their daughter), but the point being one is virtually black, so that has probably held it's colour. Maybe it depends on the individuals hair? My mum had her very long hair cut off when she was 21. She still has the offcut in a box in her dressing table drawer (she is now 86) and it is dark auburn, but her hair was black until she was around 60, so that cut hair has faded.

I have to say I do find all this hair rather macabre! I presume each lock was cut after death, but I don't know that for sure. I also have a little stub of baby hair cut from a cousin on the day of his birth in the 1860s. My family are definitely hoarders! lol

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010